2019 – 2020 Weekly Summer Camp Schedule
Please read the Summer Camp letter below for special camp rules and requirements due to COVID-19.
Group B – ages 7 – 12 3:00 – 5:00 Monday – Friday
Group C – ages 13 & up 5:30 – 7:30 Monday – Friday
Week 1 – July 6 – 10, 2020
Week 2 – July 13 – 17, 2020
Week 3 – July 20 – 24, 2020
Week 4 – July 27 – 31, 2020
Week 5 – August 3 – 7, 2020
Week 6 – August 10 – 14, 2020
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ THROUGH THIS WHOLE LETTER AS THERE ARE SPECIFIC RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS THAT MUST BE FOLLOWED.
After much work and consideration, we are able to offer shortened dance camps for most ages. These camps will be 2 hours per day for one week, and each camp will include practice in multiple dance techniques. There will be 3 camp groups per day with all floor, barre, and bathroom surfaces being sanitized between each camp. Each camp group will have a maximum of 10 students per group so if you are interested in registering your child please enroll immediately. We will not be able to have more than 10 students due to social distancing and group size rules.
We are building a huge outside dance floor including Marley so our dancers will have a safe surface to dance on. We have taken considerable time and effort to make sure we can provide the best possible camp opportunity to your dancer during this time.
The schedule is as follows:
Group B – ages 10-12 3:00 – 5:00
Group C – ages 13& up 5:30 – 7:30
If your dancer is considerably more advanced than her/his age group please speak to Lara.
Registration is available on the Parent Portal, or through the Dream Studio website beginning June 26, 2020.
Camps will run weekly from July 6 – August 14 if we have a minimum of 8 students enrolled in a group. We reserve the right to cancel any camp group with less than 8 students enrolled.
Cost: $180.00 per week with no registration fee.
If space is available there may be a per diem rate available but this will be determined after sign-ups are over.
- Drop off will be outside at the back of the studio.
- Students may not be dropped off more than 15 minutes prior to the start of their camp session, and they must be picked up promptly at the end of their camp session.
- Students must wear a mask upon arrival and should socially distance before their camp session begins.
- Everyone will have a temperature check upon arrival.
- Masks will be required while students are dancing. (We recommend the soft disposable masks that are easier to breath in.) If the student needs a mask break they will be instructed to step away from the stage area and may take a “breather “. Please instruct your dancer to raise their hand and let the teacher know when they need a breather. Fortunately, we have a lot of space to allow as much distance as desired.
*Students will be assigned a spot at the bar and at center. This will be their spot for the duration of the camp. The spot placement will he made according to heigh
- Students must bring their own:
*Sunscreen if needed
*Towel, chair, and/or yoga mat for breaks
*Dance shoes (we will not be lending shoes to anyone)
*Lightweight comfortable clothes that allow full range of motion for dancing (leotards and tights are not recommended as we are dancing outside for anyone to see)
Pointe dancers must bring their own:
*And anything else you need as sharing will not be allowed.
With a two-hour class there will not be many breaks but we want the dancers to have everything they need. Students are not allowed to share anything or be closer than 6 feet apart.
Every parent will be required to sign an additional disclaimer on the first day of camp. While we are taking every precaution, there is always a risk of contracting this virus. While we think our preparations have made the risk minimal there is an automatic assumption of risk which must be taken by all of us.
Please do not bring your child if they are sick with anything!
I can’t wait to see everyone!!